How can I eat keto without cooking? Perplexing, right? The keto diet calls for a high-fat, low-carb, minimal-protein consumption. Recipes and home-cooked meals are not only overwhelming for some, the time and effort being afforded to preparing them can be quite taxing. But keto meals can actually be done in utmost simplicity– and yes, you may not even have to do any cooking, baking, roasting, and the likes.
Keto No-Cook Strategies
Staying on a low-carb, high-fat keto diet without cooking can be done. While it’s good to prepare keto-friendly recipes and create a meal plan, there are no-cook keto strategies to stay on track with your restrictive diet such as:
- Choose simple salads. Go for a choice among leafy greens as base then, pair it with low-carb non-root veggies like zucchini, bell peppers, pickles, cucumber, and okra. Add cheese, olives, balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and voila! Salmon and canned tuna as well as vinaigrette dressing also top the list.
- Go easy on cranky mornings with smoothies. Simply choose low-carb veggies add avocado and an apple, berries, and other low-sugar fruits to fire up your day. Continental breakfast with low-nitrate deli meats, cheese platter also makes great fuel to kickstart day for ketosis, while keeping your palate filled. Gourmet MSG-free deli meats may actually be available in your hood.
- Consider canned fish. Omega-3 rich fis like mackerel, salmon and sardines are awesome options. Pair these with raw finger-food veggies like celery, cucumber sticks or carrots to keep within your calorie count. Do you know that salmon and tuna sashimi are also tasty?
- Gorge on low-carb snacks. Instead of cooking meals, try pre-cooked or raw varieties. Think beef jergy and pork rinds, cheeses, avocado, frozen berries, pate, full-fat yogurt, mayonnaise, olives, and so on.
- Additionally, you may want to engage in intermittent fasting on top of your keto diet. Definitely, this will take out those unwanted bulges in time. Do make sure it’s safe for you though.
To get you started, we’ve compiled a number of ideas that can support your keto no-cook strategy to losing weight.
No-Cook No-Carb Lunch Ideas.
You can avoid a sizzling hot kitchen or keep your mid-day break revved up with ketosis without lifting a finger off a stove or an oven. From salads to sandwiches, keto-friendly platters, such no-cook no-carb lunch ideas can truly deliver a big lift. Here are some recipes to try out.
No-Cook No-Carb Breakfast Ideas.
You can’t live on bulletproof keto coffee forever. While eggs are quick and easy to prepare, there are just certain days when you don’t have the time to prepare anything before taking off for work or to carpool for the kids. If you want more than just deli meats and smoothies, these ideas are easy to prep.
No-Cook No-Carb Dinner Ideas.
Traveling? Bone-tired from a rigorous day at work? Not in the mood to cook anything even heating of leftovers? Don’t cheat or starve yourself altogether. Here are some ideas that will make your dinner-from-scratch taste restaurant-worthy.
No-Cook Keto Practical Shopping List
Going into a foolproof no-cook keto diet depends largely on prepping your pantry and fridge well. The key in achieving this is to ensure that both areas are well-equipped with ingredients to satisfy a quick-but-filling bite. Here are just some of the must-have items that will make your agenda of not doing any cooking successful:
- Canned fish
- Salmon, tuna (frozen)
- Olive oil, coconut oil
- Butter, Ghee
- Nuts and seeds
- Deli meats/cold cuts (prosciutto, salami)
- Full-fat yogurt
- Beef jerky
- Keto Mayonnaise
- Leafy greens (lettuce, spinach, kale)
- Cauliflower, broccoli
- Salad dressing (keto-friendly, low-carb, sugar-free)
- veggies eaten raw like celery, carrots, tomatoes, onions, etc.
When it comes to no cook keto diet, a 360-deg shift in mindset is in order. You don’t really need fancy keto-friendly meals three times a day. Of course, it’s a welcome proposition to carve a meal plan but when you just don’t have time to wrestle your way around the kitchen, these no-cook keto-friendly meal ideas above can make a huge difference.