For someone who’s into a high-fat low-carb diet, adding bread to a meal plan is a complete no-no. Luckily, Keto lovers have found a way to work around this challenge. Ingenious in achieving their goals, Keto bakers found the choicest of ingredients– almond flour, coconut flour, flaxseed and psyllium powder– to give us these recipes. To busybodies who want to satiate their palate with bread without succumbing to their usual carb-friendly routine, these 90 second keto bread recipes will definitely rock your diet.
90 Second Keto Bread With Almond Flour
If you’ve never used almond flour when baking before, now’s the best time to use this lean-waist, rock-hard-abs friendly ingredient. Low in carb but high in fiber, this versatile ingredient can make wonders in your keto kitchen. Think adding a little bit of ghee and vanilla to make Lady Fingers biscuits or simply as bread crumbs to coat your baked pork chops. It also makes perfect buns for burgers or bread for sandwiches. Strongly suggest to go for all-natural organic variety like the Mandelin Natural Almond Flour though for the added benefits. So, how to make this quick and easy, and oh-so-healthy keto bread?
- 30g Almond Flour
- 10g salted butter
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1 farm-fresh eggs
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl. If you have a microwave- or oven- friendly mug like the Corningware Colours Oven Safe Mug above then, the better. It helps cut chores done post-baking and allows even distribution of heat.
- Put mug into a microwave and adjust timer to 90 seconds. For bread ingredients mixed in a bowl, transfer it to a mug before microwaving.
- When cooked, simply overturn the mug, slid it out, slice and eat. You may also toast it or make a high-fat sandwich with bacon, eggs and lots of cheese!
Nutritional Info (per serving)
- Kcal: 324
- Fat: 28g
- Carbs: 4g
Source: Headbanger’s Kitchen
Keto Bread With Coconut Flour
Another healthy low-carb alternative in making keto bread recipes is coconut flour. Again, when choosing these keto-friendly flour alternative, always choose organic. Manitou Organic Coconut Flour, for instance, has been used for years due to its gluten-free and Kosher attributes. It can even be mixed with herbs and spices to make batters for deep-frying foods.
- 30g Coconut Flour
- 10g salted butter (or you may use melted coco oil or avocado oil)
- 1/2tsp baking powder
- 1 farm-fresh eggs
Note: if not using salted butter, add salt to taste
- Simply mix all ingredients using a fork.
- Snuck into a microwave and voila!
- Check out this Video for more details.
Want more fun in your keto bread recipes using almond flour or coco flour? Use different molds like the one above from Bestonzon. Check out more options HERE.
Keto Bread With Flaxseed
Yet another favorite keto bread recipe, this one is made with psyllium and flax. Aside from just 3 net carbs with each slice, this low-carb bread also tastes like one’s favorite sourdough bread! It can also be stored in the freezer then, pan fried and topped with your choice of high-fat jams, jellies or butter and cream. For this recipe, suggest using the ultra fine variety from NatureVit Psyllium Husk Powder for easy mixing.
- 10oz almond flour
- 3oz flax meal
- 100g psyllium husk powder
- 1 1/2tbsp baking powder
- 1tsp salt
- 8oz egg whites
- 3oz vinegar
- 14oz boiling water
Note: For 90-second bread using psyllium powder and flaxseed, simply add these 2 ingredients into the recipes above.
- Preheat oven at 350-deg F.
- Prepare metal loaf pan by spraying olive oil or baking spray.
- Boil water in a kettle.
- Grind Bobs Red Mill Flaxseed Golden (Organic) in a coffee grinder to make it finer and easy to mix.
- Add almond flour, ground golden flax meal and psyllium powder into a mixing bowl. Add salt and baking powder. Mix all of these using a mixer for even distribution.
- Mix egg whites and vinegar then, pour into the bowl of dry ingredients. Carefully mix via high speed until evenly distributed. This will take around 10 seconds only.
- Add boiled water into the mixture then, mix at high speed for around 15 seconds.
- Gently place dough into the bread pan and bake for 80 to 90 minutes. Allow to cool for 3 to 5 minutes and immediately remove to be cooled further on a cooling rack.
- To store, place in an airtight bag into the freezer. Bread will last up to 12 days.
Nutritional Value (per serving)
- Kcal: 127
- Carbs: 7g
- Protein 5g
- Fiber: 7g
Adding bread to your keto diet can actually be done with these 90 second keto bread recipes and more. With this, you can finally get hold of your favorite meal using bread without succumbing to carbs overload. Ingredients like coconut flour can even be added with herbs and spices to make tasteful batters for fried stuffs. Want another easy way to make keto-friendly bread recipes? Check out the California Country Gal Paleo-Keto Friendly-Grain Free Bread Mix. This easy bread mix has no starchy ingredients and 100 percent grain-free making it perfect for low-carb recipes.