Ever wonder how to go on diet but still be able to eat the one food you love the most? Bacon and keto! Believe it or not, the ketogenic diet is “bacon-friendly”. This low-carb high-fat moderate-protein diet actually embraces this sinful food and the glorious savor it brings to the tastebuds. Get started with these 10 keto breakfast recipes for bacon lovers.
1. The Classic Bacon and Egg
Nothing beats eating breakfast as if one’s not on diet. Continually hailed as “comfort meal” by many, this one can help satiate hunger to last for the entire day.
- 8 medium eggs
- 5oz bacon (sliced)
- Cherry tomatoes
- Fresh parsley
- Pre-heat non-stick pan and fry bacon until crisp. Set aside and leave bacon drippings in the pan.
- Fry eggs with bacon fat over medium heat. To avoid splattering, crack them first in a cup.
- Cook eggs according to liking. Cover pan with a lid when doing sunny side-up.
- Cut cherry tomatoes into halves and fry on the sides along with eggs.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Sprinkle parsley.
Net carbs: 2 %
Fat: 75 %
Protein: 23 %
Source: Diet Doctor
2. Keto Bacon and Egg Cups
Add a twist to a classic bacon and egg breakfast. This keto bacon and egg cups is not only delicious, but easy to prepare as well. This can be eaten hot or cold, and can be carried along during busy working days as breakfast on-the-go.
- 6 large eggs
- 6 bacon slices
- 3oz grated cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350-deg F.
- Grease muffin tray and carefully wrap bacon slice around each slot. Make sure it doesn’t touch the bottom of the tin.
- Crack an egg on each slot then, sprinkle salt and pepper according to taste.
- Add grated cheese on top.
- Snuck into the over for approximately 20 minutes and voila!
Fat – 26g
Net Carbs – 1g
Kcal – 350
Source: The Keto Cookbook
3. Low-Carb Breakfast Casserole With Bacon
Yet another perfect breakfast solution for busybodies on the ketogenic diet, this casserole with bacon is definitely a gift from the food gods. Fast and easy to make, it can also be done ahead of time then, stored for next day’s breakfast.
- 1lb bacon (chopped)
- 1/2 onion (medium, chopped)
- 4cups radishes (shredded)
- 12L eggs (beaten)
- 1lb cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 15oz ricotta/cottage cheese
- 1lb Swiss cheese (chopped)
- Preheat oven at 350-deg F.
- Cook bacon and onion together in a medium-high heat pan. See to it that bacon is fully crisp then, drain.
- Combine bacon, onion, beaten eggs, radishes, and all cheeses.
Carefully grease 9×13 casserole pan. Pour mixture in #2.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
Fat – 57 %
Protein – 54 %
Net Carbs – 1 %
Kcal – 475
Source: Low Carb Yum
4. Cheese-Bacon-Cauliflower Keto Casserole
Don’t like veggies? This low-carb gluten-free dish is a perfect breakfast solution when on keto. Also makes an excellent side dish.
- 1med cauliflower
- 1/2lb bacon (slices)
- 3oz butter
- 2/3cup Parmesan cheese (shredded)
- 1/3cup mozzarella cheese (shredded)
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/2tsp pepper
- Preheat oven at 390-deg F.
- Blanche cauliflower in boiling water for 5 to 8 minutes. Drain well.
- Add butter as well as salt and pepper on still hot pot.
- Blend using a stick blender until pureed. Set aside.
- Cook bacon until crisp
- Add bacon drippings along with 1/2 of cooked bacon into the puree.
- Add half of parmesan cheese into the puree. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into a 9×13-inch casserole dish. Top this with remaining ingredients– bacon, mozzarella cheese
- and parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes until cheese is completely melted and dish starts to brown.
Fat – 17g
Protein – 10g
Carbs – 4g
Kcal – 205
5. Cheesy Keto Bacon Omelette
Turn your omelet into something healthy and exciting with this keto-friendly recipe. This cheesy keto bacon omelette is perfect as a perk me up particularly during winter time.
- 3large eggs (beaten)
- 30g cheddar cheese (grated)
- 2 slices bacon
- Heat pan over medium-high heat. Then, cook bacon until crisp. Set aside.
- Using bacon drippings, fry whisked eggs according to liking. Cook for around 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add cheese and bacon on one side (half) of the omelet then, flip the other side to cover. Cook for another 2 minutes.
Fat 48 % (279g)
Carbs 1% (2.9g)
Protein 62% (31g)
Source: Fat For Weight Loss
6. Gluten-Free Cheese & Bacon Breakfast Muffin
Perfect for on-the-go breakfast or lunch, this cheese and bacon keto-friendly muffin is also gluten-free. Great for people with known allergies.
- 8slices bacon (diced)
- 5 eggs
- 9tbsps cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1/4cup scallions (sliced thinly)
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2tsp pepper
- Preheat oven at 375-deg F.
- Line muffin tin with cupcake molds, preferably silicone molds to avoid sticking.
- Saute bacon on medium-high heat pan for 8mins. Turn off heat then, add scallions. Allow to cool for around 5mins.
- Crack eggs in a bowl. Whisk in salt and pepper then, mix using a stick blender until fluffy.
- Pour 2tbsp blended egg halfway into each muffin mold. Add bacon and scallions.
- Pour remaining egg mixture. Top this with a tablespoon of cheese.
- Bake in oven for 10 minutes.
- Can be stored in the fridge and reheated in microwave.
Fat – 15g
Protein – 9g
Carbs – 0g
Kcal – 178
7. Bacon & Egg With Avocado Breakfast Wraps
Fancy a breakfast burrito? This quick and easy, low-carb, high-fat bacon-egg-avocado is perfect for your keto diet.
- 2 low-carb wraps
- 3slices bacon
- 2large eggs
- 1/2cup cheddar cheese (grated)
- 1/2 avocado (sliced)
- 1/4cup salsa
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook bacon until crisp. Remove and drain.
- Use 2tsps of bacon drippings and add sliced avocado.
- Beat eggs with half of cheddar cheese using a fork.
- Cook according to liking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place earlier made wraps (better to make your own; refer HERE for recipe) into hot pan over medium heat.
- Turn off heat then, sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
- Carefully divide scrambled eggs and place half on half of each wrap. Whisk in bacon, avocado and remaining cheese.
- Add 1tbsp water to the pan then, cover with a lid for around 2 minutes or until cheese has melted and wrap, browned.
- Serve with salsa on the sides or on top.
Fat 58% (38g)
Protein 54% (27g)
Carbs 1% (4g)
8. Low-Carb Bacon-Spinach-Egg Cups
Another excellent breakfast on a cup, this recipe is excellent for one who doesn’t like the icky taste of spinach alone. This can be made ahead of time and reheated in the microwave making it convenient.
- 4slices bacon (thick-cut, diced)
- 12oz chopped fresh spinach (if frozen, thaw then drain)
- 4 mushrooms (chopped)
- 1/4 green bell pepper (chopped)
- 2slices onion (chopped)
- 6 eggs
- 1tbsp heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/4cups Colby jack cheese (divided) (can also use cheddar cheese)
- 1/2tsp salt
- 1/4tsp black pepper (ground)
- A pinch of onion powder
- A pinch of garlic powder
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven at 350-deg F and spray non-stick solution into muffin cups.
- Cook bacon over medium-high heat on a skillet for about 10minutes or until crisp. Set aside to drain while leaving bacon grease in.
- Mix spinach, mushrooms, green bell pepper, and onion then season with salt and ground black pepper– over skillet with bacon grease. Cook for around 5minutes or until softened then, transfer into a bowl to cool down inside the fridge for 5minutes.
- Whip eggs with cream in a mixing bowl then, stir in slowly the Colby jack cheese along with 1/2tsp salt, 1/4tsp ground black pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Add cooled vegetable mixture then, mix gently.
- Scoop mixture into a muffin cup then, cover with Colby jack cheese.
- Bake at approximately 20minutes.
9. Morning Hot Pockets
A versatile recipe, the keto morning hot pockets is perfect for everyone who wants no-fuss breakfast recipes. It also comes with just 5 ingredients and can have any filling you like so long as it’s low in carbohydrates and high in fat.
- 3 slices bacon (cooked until crisp)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4cup mozzarella
- 1/3cup almond flour
- 2tbsps unsalted butter
- 2pcs parchment paper
Preheat oven at 400-deg F.
To make a low-carb dough, simple melt shredded mozzarella in the microwave. Mix with almond flour when fully melted and knead thoroughly. Flatten on 2pcs parchment paper.
To prepare fillings; beat eggs until fluffy then fry using butter.
Add scrambled eggs with bacon into the dough’s center. Fold sides and enclose fillings. Pole holes using a toothpick to help release steam while being baked.
Bake for approximately 20mins in preheated oven. Check until golden brown.
10. Bacon & Egg Fat Bombs
A popular recipe in keto, this bacon and egg fat bombs can satisfy huge cravings without the guilt.
- 2large eggs (preferably organic or free-range)
- 120g/4oz bacon (large slices)
- 1/4cup butter (or ghee softened at room temp, preferable)
- 2tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/4tsp salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven at 375-deg F.
- Line tray with baking paper and lay bacon strips flat on it. Make sure to leave space to prevent overlapping.
- Cook for 10 to 15minutes in oven or until bacon turns golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- Boil eggs with a pinch of salt to prevent cracking. Take it out after 10mins (for large eggs). Place in cold water.
- Peel off shells when chilled then, cut into quarters.
- Cut butter into tiny pieces then, add quartered eggs. Mash together using a fork.
- Whisk in mayonnaise then, season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Slowly pour bacon grease then, combine well.
- Chill in the fridge for 20 to 30 minutes until solidified.
- Crumble bacon into “breading” size.
- Take out egg mixture and start molding 6 balls using an ice cream scoop or spoon. Roll balls into crumbled bacon.
- Eat or store in an airtight container in the fridge.